Growing Through Recruiters: Misconceptions, Top 3 Tips, and Mistakes to Avoid
These days, an increasing number of companies have begun utilizing business process outsourcing (BPO) as a means of reducing costs and better focusing time and resources on the most important facets of running a business. Specifically, BPOs allow for the outsourcing of a number of positions within a company, ranging from help desk and customer support to scheduling, order assistance, accounting, and everything in between. What many founders of startup companies fail to realize, however, that business process outsourcing can be a viable solution for even the smallest of businesses. By having a better understanding of the many benefits of outsourcing, as well as the basics of leveraging technology to maximize BPO success, founders can make better informed decisions for their growing businesses.
The Benefits of an Outsourced TeamThere are countless reasons to consider business process outsourcing for a company of just about any size.
- One of the main benefits that tends to get overlooked is the fact that outsourcing can allow for greater scheduling flexibility. Getting employees to work on Labor Day in the United States, for instance, may not be feasible and can result in downtime that can be costly for the business as a whole. By outsourcing some positions (for example, to a country like the Philippines that does not have Labor Day as a holiday), there is no longer concern over getting employees to work on such days. This, in turn, allows the business to provide better service to its customers overall.
- Speaking of scheduling flexibility, outsourcing also makes it easier to fill in scheduling gaps, such as night shifts. Whereas it may be night time in the United States, it will still be daylight on the other side of the globe. This can make it possible for companies to offer 24/7 customer service without much in the way of added cost.
- Of course, there's also the added benefit of not needing to spend extra money on additional office space for employees when you outsource these roles. As a result, companies also save on administrative and other costs. And because training and onboarding is generally handled directly by the BPO itself, this is yet another area where significant monetary savings can be enjoyed.
Leveraging Technology to Maximize Global ResourcesToday's technology also makes it easier than ever for businesses to maximize their global resources and keep workers across the globe in close communication and collaboration with a company. Some examples of technology that can be useful for businesses considering BPO include:
- Google Suite, which allows for real-time collaboration and file sharing
- Quickbooks Enterprise, which also allows for real-time collaboration and is ideal for accounting functions
- Customized team portals for real-time video meetings